After the first weigh-in and after incorporating juices and raw food in my diet, I lost 4.4 lbs in 12 days. Not too shabby eh? I am more encouraged to try, try harder every single day. This it it! There is definitely no turning back.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Confirmed! I have the lowest EQ in the world. LOL! If you can still remember, I mentioned that I was eyeing another pair of shoes aside from the one I that I wrote about last Sunday. I bought a pair of Nike WMNS Lunarfly +3 Shield shoes. I thought it was heavy but turned out, it's about the same weight as the other one.
This is a lower profile running shoe with the perfect blend of stability and cushioning. It also has a lightweight mesh overlays. The Lunarlon midsole with dynamic support provides ample support while still remaining super flexible and of course lightweight. On the other hand, the BRS 1000 carbon rubber in the heel with green rubber in the forefoot provides excellent traction in wet or dry conditions. Nice eh!
Outsole: Waffle outsole pistons to help absorb impact and add responsiveness
Style: Asymmetrical lacing system to help reduce pressure for enhanced comfort
Support: A stretchy mesh inner sleeve with seamless overlays enhances the supportive, glove-like fit.
Flexibility: Diagonal cuts through the arch area add flexibility and help increase foot strength.
Weather Protection: Weatherized mesh and reflectivity on the upper offer protection from the elements and visibility in low light.
Cushioning: Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
Technology: Flywire technology and cushioning tuned specifically for basketball.
Materials: Synthetic leather upper/ lightweight mesh upper
I can't wait for my weekend run so I can test it. I used it for a quick set of jumping jacks yesterday and so far I like the cushioning and the stability it provides.
Friday, February 8, 2013
I am writing this post to introduce you to the people (bloggers) that continue to inspire me as I go through my journey to healthy living at the same time prepare my body for pregnancy. I have gained weight (approx 30lbs) after I stopped going to the gym, after I lost interest in running and all sorts of exercising and after eating anything I want to eat and giving in to every craving that knocks. My eureka moment was when I'd feel all sorts of aches in my body already especially my back (not to mention the belly fat that I always try to hide by wearing dresses).
I guess I have come to the point of taking charge of my own body for my own good. Are you with me here? Yes, I needed to make sure that I watch what I eat and exercise regularly (at least 30 minutes) in order for me to be in proper fighting form when my husband comes home from his time out at sea. LOL! Yeah, that's my biggest motivation of all. I want my husband to come home to a wife that he can be proud of. I want my husband to come home to a wife that is fit, strong and healthy. I didn't even make an effort to lose weight before our wedding so now I think is the perfect time for me to devote some time and change my lifestyle before I become a mom.
At this point, I am preparing myself for a slow and steady process of losing weight. I am not a fan of crash diets, water and lemon only diets among other things. I want to still be able to enjoy food (but not so much). I still want my chocolates at some point but the end goal is that I consume more raw food than processed. I have incorporated a mix of fruit and vegetable juice and smoothies in my daily food intake since January 31 and aside from the flu that I experienced for the first week, I think I am all set now. I am very happy with the result so far as I feel clean inside and out. I think I am ready for a little challenge.
My goal from 2/11 - 2/15 is to consume only fruit and vegetable juice feast everyday for 5 days. If ever I allow myself to eat, I would only eat fruits or vegetables. I think this is doable. I am also going to sneak in a little bit of running or brisk walking for at least 30 minutes everyday. Of course, I will continue reading through the blogs of my inspirations to check out some weight loss recipes, tips, and best practices.
1. Linda Wagner - is an experienced and skilled Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach who utilizes a holistic methodology to invigorate the mind, body, and spirit. It is her passion to assist others in achieving their true, unlimited potential. You can visit Linda's blog to be inspired too or you may reach her through her email address firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Megan Elizabeth - is a low-fat, high fruit program follower. She's had a few health challenges before converting to the program and she is stoked that she has successfully got over the situation. The low-fat raw vegan lifestyle keeps her happy, healthy and with so much energy. You can visit her blog by following this link. If you plan to get in touch with her, you may email her through email@example.com
4. Candice Kumai - Candice is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu California. Ah, I could only dream that one day I could be schooled in a prestigious culinary arts school too. She's a former model turned chef and is an author of a couple cookbooks and she also writes for Men's and Women's Health. Candice's mission is to help all of us "get real with our foods again". Her cookbooks are entitled "Cook Yourself Sexy" and "Pretty Delicious". Aren't the titles so enticing?
Sunday, February 3, 2013
As I have planned, I got myself a new running shoes. I have been looking for a good pair (preferably with a hint of pink or orange) and I instantly fell in love with this very light and flexible shoes in the "Barefoot Ride" section of the Nike Greenbelt 3 store. I actually saw another style that I like but it's a little on the heavier side and I don't really foresee myself running in puddles so it being water resistant is not that big of a plus at this point. Maybe, I will get it some other time.
What You Should Know About Nike Free
Nike Frees are different than traditional athletic shoes. They’re designed to let your feet move more freely and naturally, which means your muscles will be doing a bit more work than demanded of them in some other athletic shoes. Nike encourages you to get used to them gradually for a safer, more effective and more enjoyable experience. Please visit http://www.nike.com/nikefree for more information on how to get the best from your Nike Free shoes.
And this morning, I tested the shoe and run for an hour and a half at the University of the Philippines oval. It's my first time to run there and I really liked the area. There were lots of trees and it wasn't so hot. Today will definitely not be the last. I will be back UP! Wait for me...
- Breathable mesh upper for comfort
- Fused Phylite midsole and outsole for an ultra-lightweight, resilient ride
- Carbon rubber inserts at high-wear areas of the outsole for enhanced durability
- No-sew upper contours to the foot for a comfortable, barefoot-like fit
- Deep outsole flex grooves for natural range of motion and flexibility