Monday, February 22, 2010

Project: Summer(H-O-T) Bod

DISCLAIMER: I am not an authority in fitness nor in any form of dieting. This blog came into being to chronicle my journey to achieving my personal fitness goals and to share results if any. I do not claim to be a fitness guru or anything. Always remember that what may work for me, may not work for you so if ever what I have done excites you and you want to do it, do so at your own risk.

It is summer once again and no one can deny that. The sun's rays pierces through one's skin and it has a different sting lately. I haven't planned any summer getaway yet but I have planned some activities that would make me summer getaway ready. And oh, I have stocked up on SPF-laden products already.

The night before the Century Tuna Superbods Run 2010, I renewed my love affair with cereals. I admit I have stopped dieting and gave in to any form and shape of craving after the breakup (well you can call it that even if there was no real breakup conversation that happened) although I still run despite keeping myself busy but not as often as I did a couple of months back. I had Kellogg's Mueslix and banana with low-fat milk for dinner. I was so full after finishing the bowl so I watched TV before heading to bed.


A bowl full of goodness (fruit, grains, wheat, bran)

When I woke up on race day, I immediately consumed about 500ml of water and then drank Gatorade on my way to the race. I also ate a banana before I headed out of the house. I felt that was enough to fuel me to finish my run. I was all along thinking that I need to hydrate this time (big mistake for the Condura Run because I felt so dehydrated). I packed a chocolate bar with almond nuts, a banana and another bottle of Gatorade and took it with me in case I'll feel hungry after the run. It was a good decision on my part. I however did not eat the chocolate bar as the race organizers distributed some snack packs. Awesome! I, however, only ate the banana and tuna salad as I was not feeling so hungry at all.

I went home feeling fine and with no injury. I ate half of the tuna bun and tuna pocket. It was enough to refuel my body after the 5K run and the 3K walk I had to do after. Unlike my last run, I feel so fine today and my legs are A-OK. I guess the Bangkok foot massage I had the night before the race helped tons. Thank heavens!

Since Century Corned Tuna was on sale at the race venue, I bought a few cans and ate one for dinner. I liked how it tasted. I'm a fan. I forgot to take a picture though. I will probably just show y'all a picture on my future posts.

Keep being healthy and wish me luck and success for my summer project!

No comments: