Sunday, January 27, 2013

Smoothie Sunday - Ultra Red

I really really wanted to show you my favorite smoothie as of today. It has beets. You know that deep-red purplish vegetable that so many hate. Anyway, I thought making red smoothie would be a fun way to switch up the greens and the purples (because of grape). 

This recipe contains zero gluten, zero refined sugar, zero yeast, zero corn, zero grain and zero nut. This is perfect for those who are slowly inching towards living a life enjoying raw food. I am not looking at being 100% raw but I am leaning towards learning to love fruits and vegetables more. This smoothie will give you an amazing energy boost as well as supply your magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamins and minerals as well as iron needs. 

The assurance I can give you at this point is that this tastes so good. Add some ice cubes to your glass to make the juice more refreshing. You can either use a juicer or a blender for this recipe. I used my trusted blender and sieved the smoothie after blending to get rid of the pulp. If you don't want to throw anything, just  run the blender for another 30 seconds and you will be good to go. 

Ingredients
Makes 2 servings
1 medium sugar beets
1 Granny Smith apple 
1 kiwi
1 handful spinach 
1 banana
1 cucumber 
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice 

Remember
1. Peel apples (no need if organic), kiwi, sugar beets, cucumber and banana. 
2. Put water and orange juice in the blender and slowly add the sliced fruits and vegetables. 
3. Blend away! Watch how the mixture turn into a yummy tint of red. 
4. Run the juice through a sieve and transfer to your mason jar or a tall glass. 
5. Enjoy the goodness of this delicious smoothie. 



If you ever try this, let me know. I am sure you will love it. I am kind of addicted to this mix already. 


No comments: