Monday, March 8, 2010

NatGeo Earth Day Run


I caught the running bug...officially!

I have just recently joined my 4th 5K (Century Tuna Superbods Run) and I could not wait for the other races I have signed up for.

Pinay In Action - March 13
Globe Run For Home - March 21
Mizuno Infinity Run - April 11

And here comes, NatGeo Earth Day Run which is slated on April 18 at the SM Mall of Asia. I am still thinking if I should progress to 10K or to meet my goal at 5K first. I have plenty of time to decide about this. :-)The run will be presented by National Geographic. Themed "Inspiring the People to Care about the Planet", this fun run is open to all interested runners who are willing to participate in the 3k, 5k and 10k races.

Registration fees are Php 500 for 3K, Php 600 for 5k and Php 700 for 10k run. This includes a free limited edition NatGeo Earth Day Run technical shirt. Proceeds will support Design Against the Elements Competition in bringing innovative solutions to climate vulnerable communities in developing countries.

There are two ways to register:

1. Online Registration is from March 8 to April 4 at www.natgeorun.com. Courier charges for race kits apply to online registrants.
2. Cash Registration is from March 8 to April 11 at Nike Outlet in Bonifacio High Street and Timex Outlet in SM North Edsa and SM Mall of Asia

By the way, there will be two Earth Day Runs to celebrate Earth Day’s 40th Anniversary. The other one will be in Fort Bonifacio.

1 comment:

Manila Girl said...

Good luck on whichever race you decide to join! I really admire runners who have the discipline and determination to do marathons. :) Uh, briskwalking is about all I can do. Haha. How do you train for such events?