Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nestle Fitnesse 14-Day Challenge Day 3 Update

Today is essentially the fourth day of the challenge but I will only be giving you an update of what has happened for the first three days. I have so far been able to stick to the diet plan except for one dinner where I indulged in the tuna pasta I made when a friend came over. I didn't overeat though. I just had a few spoonfuls. So I guess I am on the safe zone still. Good thing is that I was able to burn off the calories the next morning because I squeezed in a brisk walk routine for about an hour (my legs still felt a little sore and I didn't want to push it to run) yesterday. I am not going to make this a habit though, eating much and compensating on exercise. I should be sticking to my diet and it's not negotiable.

Here's what I normally have for breakfast and dinner. I just change the fruit (sometimes I have an apple, sometimes a pear, other days either kiwi or banana):

If you want to know how much cereal I have, here's how it looks like on a flat platter:

Lunch normally revolves around vegetables or some lean chicken with vegetables. I'm being a good girl. I'm stuffing myself with vegetables. I bet my mom will be all happy to know this. LOL!
Bamboo Shoots with Granny Smith Apple Slices and Red and Yellow Bell Pepper with Oyster Sauce
Chicken and Tofu Slices with Bell Pepper and Sundried Tomato Slices and Sauce
Broccoli Stir Fry with Tuna Chunks

I tried just bringing a bar of Nature's Valley Honey and Oats bar to work last night so I can snack on it but I never felt energized. I was sleepy the entire shift. I impatiently waited for 6AM. And this morning, I slept around 7AM and then woke up at 1PM. My sleeping time is pretty screwed and I need to fix this or else I am putting myself in jeopardy. I know I need ample rest. But since I am not feeling a tad bit sleepy, I am off to the pool and then come back maybe after an hour and sleep until it's about time to go to work again. I will keep y'all posted.

And for some self-worship, here's a little picture of me before I went to work last night. Sorry for the undried hair...click the picture to VOTE FOR MY TEAM in the Nestle Fitnesse Challenge. :-)

No comments: