Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rainy 4th of November Update

I initially planned to run early today but it was raining when I woke up so I stayed in bed and lingered with my pillows for a little more time. They were begging for attention I think and they gave me comfort as expected. I got up a little after 6AM and prepared something for breakfast. I had amaranth flakes with blueberry yogurt and milk and fruit. Amaranth is rich in lysine, one of the essential amino acids that is usually low in other grains. It contains three times as much fiber and five times as much iron as wheat, and has more than 12 different vitamins and minerals. From a nutritional standpoint, it is clear why the Aztecs referred to amaranth as a "wonder grain."



After breakfast, I went to Fitness First RCBC. I did a few laps at the pool (getting better yey) and then about 30 minutes on the treadmill (still the same time no improvement yet 1k=10min, I ran and walked so fair enough), 10 minutes on the stepper, 10 minutes rowing machine and a few arm exercises. I was happy with all the stuff I did today.

After working out, I felt the need to refuel so I went to 7-11 to buy a banana and then I had tacos at Mexicali. I wolfed down the banana while waiting for my order so I wasn't able to take a picture. Sue me! And oh, I also had coffee (iced latte). I'm hell-bent at getting myself a planner for next year. Click here for more details on how you could get one for you too.


I am now at home resting,safely cuddled by my pillows and yes it is still raining outside (drizzling to be exact). My arms are a little sore but I'll just sleep this off. Ta ta!

No comments: