Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Before I Head Out The Door

I wasn't able to go to the gym this morning because I dozed off while listening to Lucky (Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat)over and over. Ha! Great! LOL! Anyway, I think I can safely conclude that love can make one sluggish. Even then, I'd still choose to be in-love right now. And yes, I am not complaining. The day is long and I have lots of time to spare.

I had cereals this morning. I had Health Valley Organic Golden Flax Cereal, about a handful (1/2 cup almost) with half a cup of skimmed milk and seedless grapes. Health Valley's Organic Golden Flax Cereal is the first cereal that is high in Omega-3 fatty acids and lignans. Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of "good" fat that is essential to good health. What makes these fats unique is that our bodies cannot manufacture them - we need to get them from food. Unfortunately, studies have shown that most diets do not provide enough of these essential fatty acids. Flax seeds are nature's best plant source of Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as a special type of protective fiber called lignans. In fact, flax seeds contain 20% Omega-3 by weight.

I slept until it was almost lunch again. Since I am going to the gym this afternoon, I decided to cook something healthy. I prepared spiced chicken with stir-fried broccoli and bell pepper. I was amused that the chicken was heart-shaped. I also played on my new cookie cutter to cut the cucumber. See for yourself:
  • Chicken breast
  • 1 head broccoli
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
  • salt and pepper to taste

    I am bringing a bar of granola with me to the gym just in case I need some energy boost. I'll keep y'all posted when I get back to my blog nook.

No comments: