Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Marathon Training Day 4

Wow! Wow! Wow! = is all I can say. I impressed myself today. I stayed in and out of the gym running with occasional breaks for 4 hours. Yes, four hours. :-) Before the workout, I saw an ad about the Nike Human Race Run and I immediately took the opportunity to sign up and take advantage of the training programs. I got me an online coach and the training started yesterday. I was tasked to run 3.21KM and I can proudly say that I did it and a little bit more.

I've also seen some improvement in my time in reaching a kilometer. I am still relatively slow but I am proud of my couch to running experience. I can now finish a kilometer for 11 minutes using interval workout. It's a big improvement from 13.35 minutes. I am just on my second week and I am positive I would be able to improve this speed as we near the Timex Run.

I ran for 3KM indoors and then went out to run by the bay for a good 30 minutes so yay to that. I ran more than my target today and I still have more energy to spare. I got back inside the gym when it started raining and did 100 reps of ab exercises, 100 reps each of adductor and abductor machine, 5 minutes on the stair stepper machine (roughly equivalent to climbing 17 floors), and another 5 minutes using the wave exercise machine. Of course, I did not forget all the stretching pre and post workout. After taking the needed rest, I stayed in the sauna and steam room for a good 15 minutes each. It was all too relaxing.

The rest of the afternoon was spent looking for "the" shoes I am planning to buy on payday. I am torn between the Nike Air Pegasus and Nike Air Max but I am leaning to the Nike Zoom Victory. I still have five days to decide. I picked up a pair of training gloves and a Nike Distance Long Airborne Women's Tank Top in Blue.

No comments: