Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Marathon Training Day 10

I woke up a little too early today because well I slept a little early too. I wasn't even able to watch the evening news anymore. I did not report to work last night because I was on compensatory time off and so I stayed home and brainstormed for this week's meal plan. As of this writing, I haven't laid down the plan yet but I already have a few goodies from Healthy Options (yes, I eat organic!) as well as the supermarket (fruits and all).

I went to the gym this morning and took advantage of the perfect weather. As planned I ran outside the gym, just by the bay. It was not chilly and the ocean breeze and the wind was super cooling to the face. I brisk-walked for 1 kilometer and then run back the same distance. There were a few people out there that early that I got distracted so I went back to the gym. I was able to run 3 miles today on the treadmill at 3% incline and average speed of 7. And I am super ecstatic to announce that after the little injury I had last week I was able to reach my goal of finishing a mile in 10 minutes. I had a big smile plastered on my face while I was nearing the 10 minute mark. I finished 1.04 mile in 10 minutes. So yes, I am getting myself the Nike Sportband! Yay to that!

After the run I squeezed in some exercises using the lat machine while I rested my tired legs. My arms kinda hurt right now but I think I'll be okay.

I have my new playlist to thank for reaching target...finally! The David Guetta remixes were kick ass (I liked I Wanna Go Crazy the most). I will write another post after I eat some lunch about the new playlist. In the meantime, I'll fix me some california maki. Yum-ohhh!

No comments: