Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pushing My Limits

Wow! Today was crazy...looking back at what I have done. I ran about 7 miles (6.99042591267 miles to be exact --- I get nerdy like that). I could not believe myself. A friend I talked to after the outdoor run commented I was starting to be a machine already. I still felt like I had so much energy stored that I could still run for another decent distance. I rested for a good 20 minutes or so and then decided to row using the rowing machine. But I changed my mind and decided to just run in the treadmill again, after all I am building my endurance. I however ended up not running anymore because a Physical Therapist approached me and so we just talked while I brisk-walked. I did a 2% incline 5 speed walk for 40 minutes. I registered another 1.8 mile. What fueled me up this morning? Let's see:

Breakfast:
  • 1/2 cup Nestle Fitness and Fruit
  • 1/2 cup skimmed milk
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs
Breakfast:
  • 500mL Pink Gatorade
  • Clif Bar Chocolate Almond Fudge
  • 500mL H2O


All those fuel plus a very good sleep last night caused me to run like I have never run ALL MY LIFE!

After working out, I did some stretching and then stayed in the sauna for 15 minutes or so. I had a little talk with Anna (the PT) and then headed for home. I felt hungry again so I cooked some of the vegetables I bought the other day. I rubbed the chicken slices with marjoram and rosemary and coated them with garlic powder. I knew it was going to be a hit. I then cut up some tomatoes, bell pepper, cabbage, and a granny smith apple for some sweetness. I mixed 'em all up and then tossed in the bean sprouts and I got me a healthy and filling lunch shared with Joyce and Uncle Don. Delish!

As advised by my Nurse Little Sister, I am typing this while my legs are elevated. Hmmm, I think it's doing wonders. It felt like jello earlier but now they're so much better. Thanks Lil Sis, I owe you one!

No comments: